What are your top 3 favorite things about being a parent?
1. My first reason would have to be the fact that I am able to stay home and raise Ryan. I love being able to shape him and help him grow while he's small. I get to see his personality develop on a daily basis. I don't have to compete with my former teaching job, daycare, and try to parent on top of it while he's so young. I couldn't ask for anything else. I am glad that I am able to teach him our morals, values, & discipline him accordingly. I love that he gets to eat lunch at home, nap in his own bed every day, and spend these precious days with his Mommy.
2. My second reason would be all the fun that I am having with Ryan now that he is getting a little older. We are involved in a tumbling class now and we finished a semester of Kindermusik already. I enjoy being able to take him places and give him new experiences. He loves the park & storytime too. I love seeing the smile on his face when he's having fun and enjoying a new experience or just enjoying something that he's done a thousand times before. It's so very rewarding.
3. My last reason is after he goes to bed at night, no matter how trying to day was, I love to talk to Mike about all the hilarious things Ryan did that day. I love the things he says, the ways he acts, and just watching him develop into a little person. It's in the quiet times, I can really reflect and think about how much I love him. He may have pushed me over the edge (or pretty close to it) that day, but the funny things he does & the sweet moments make up for it all. When I sit back & take a few minutes to really think about it, it makes all the hard time worth it in the long run.






I love those moments after all is said and done when you can sit back and laugh about the day
ReplyDeleteHey ... Great Top Thre ... love your #2 ... so true that while every stage has it's moments, as they get old enough to interact- like the tumbling class- it's just so much darn fun to waatch!! Hope you'll stop by my place some time :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat top 3!!! I really liked your last one-- the daily toddler "de-briefing" with DH. Those are some of my favorite moments of the day, too.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I had to say how impressed I am that you know the exact ages of your pets. I am happy to see I'm not the only animal-mama who knows precisely when her "first-born" was born!
~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
I also really like the last one!! It's a wonderful thing to be able to review your day and what your kids have done with your husband. No one else can feel just the same way you do about them. Happy Thursday!
ReplyDeleteLoved your answers, particularly the third one! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat answers. Didn't even think about your 3rd one, but it's so true. No matter how frustrating of a day it was, when hubby and I are able to sit and chat, I find myself telling him all of the funny things my oldest said or the new discoveries my youngest made.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing our meme!
Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com
www.blogconferencenewbie.com