I am excited that Toddler Talk Thursday is back this week! This week is all about creating art with your toddler. Here are some of the things Ryan and I do:When it comes to art, I am not the most creative mommy out there, but I do try. I love to do cut & paste projects with Ryan. I print various crafts and lessons from the Internet and do all the cutting. I put the glue on the paper and Ryan loves to match the correct pictures and glue them in place. I also try to find crafty projects that correspond to the seasons as well. (That's the teacher in me).We painted an apple tree a few weeks back and made a fingerprint painted caterpillar last weekend. That actually went quite well since fingerpainting is NOT once of Ryan's favs. He HATES getting his fingers in gooey or sticky things, but he's getting more tolerant. Usually when we paint, I give him those spongy brushes that you can buy at the craft store. He will go to town with those. I have tried finger painting in the bathtub and he just whined wanting out. He's just not a messy kinda kid. Playdough is also out since he won't touch it. I have made countless batches of homemade playdough from 13 months old up until just 2 days ago. The boy will.not.touch.it. Sigh....He loves to paint with water. I found him a Tonka trucks paint with water book at Party City last year. He loves all things trucks! He will paint a picture in a heartbeat. He's gotten into coloring more lately too. He has a big art pad and will color for at least a couple of minutes. I print out pictures of his favorite characters for him too. He loves all the Playhouse Disney shows!We have done projects with pasta noodles too. We did the letter P and I drew a pig for him. I had him glue the pasta noodles around the outline of the pig. He actually did well! We've made shakers with paper plates and toilet paper rolls too. I am loving that his attention span is growing and we can have conversations now. He can tell me what projects he does or doesn't want to do. It sure makes life easier when I set up ALL the materials and then he won't do the project...ahhh!!That's about it for us. I hope this gives other toddler moms some ideas on what to do with those little rascals. My favorite website for toddler crafts & activities:
First-School Preschool Activities & Crafts
My son is not into sticky icky gooey stuff either!
ReplyDeleteI love the cut and paste ideas and matching them up. Fun!
ReplyDeleteDawn
Those are some great ideas and thanks for the link. I'm bookmarking it.
ReplyDeleteI'm following you now from Toddler Talk Thursdays.
http://liz-davismommy.blogspot.com/
Sounds like you do a lot of art with you little one!! I cannot wait until we can do cut and paste art too. Thanks for linking up with us again:)
ReplyDeleteLove Pasta Art! Thanks for joining in again! :)
ReplyDelete