Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Toddler Talk Thursday!

Ryan's first car trip to see Grandma & Grandad- 2 months old




This week is all about traveling with a toddler. Here are some of the things that we do that help us when traveling with Ryan:


1. Make a detailed list of everything you need to pack. Little ones require so much stuff! If I make a list, then I am sure not to forget anything. It also helps me organize and remember the important things. I cross things off my list as I pack them too. It really helps save my sanity. A friend of mine suggested putting your packing list on the computer. That way you don't have to make a new one evrey time you travel. You just alter the one you already have based on your kiddo's needs!


2. SNACKS! I have been on a plane with Ryan at 15 months old and spent lots of time in the car. I always have a plethora of snacks handy from Cheerios, to Goldfish, to various other things he loves. I try to pack small finger snacks because they keep him busy longer ;-) I always make sure to have at least a sippy cup or 2 of cold drinks ready for him as well. This saves a ton of time and money when you bring your own stuff!


3. Bring toys! I try to pack a few things that are new and some of Ryan's favorites as well. I switch them out frequently when he gets bored. I also pack his lovey so when he's tired, he can soothe himself to sleep. I always make sure to have Ryan's favorite CD's handy as well. He loves to listen to his mucis when we travel.


4. When traveling by airplane, make sure you put shoes on your kiddo that are easily removeable for the security checkpoints. You don't want to be worrying about socks & sneakers at a time like that! I remember trying to handle my shoes, hubby's shoes, & Ryan's shoes last year. What a pain! At least the sandals I had him in made it a little easier.


5. Make sure you have plenty of diapers, wipes, cleaning supplies, etc. in the car ready to go. It never hurts to pack a spare baggie with an emergency set of supplies to leave in the car. That way you're always prepared.



3 comments:

  1. Great tips! Your Ryan is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A list is really important. I have forgotten things we have tons of at home and had to by them while were were traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to have a list saved!I always make a new list everytime we travel!

    ReplyDelete