Gee, go figure, I was busy all weekend! Anyone who knows me well, knows I cannot be idle so we were super busy and loving it all weekend long!
Mike was off on Friday so he took Ryan to his tumbling class that morning. It was great father-son bonding time. He hadn't been to class with him in a long time so it was pretty cool for him to see all the things Ryan can do on his own now. I took off to the airport with my sister to drop her off. She had spent the night with us Thursday evening. Ryan went to bed Thursday night with just me at home and woke up to Mommy, Daddy, & Aunt Cristy. He was one happy boy! After dropping Cristy off, I headed to Publix to do the grocery shopping...ALONE! I saved more than I spent...yay coupons! I met my boys back at home for lunch and a nap. Friday night we went to the mall where Ryan enjoyed the playland with Daddy and the choo choo train. Every time the train would pass the playland, he would yell, "CHOO CHOO!!!!" I was inside the Belk dept. store and could hear my child hollering from the play area just outside. That's my boy! While riding the train, he would talk to the shoppers as we drove by, "Hey, I ridin' in da choo choo!" Oh, I love that boy.
Saturday, we decided to head to our local zoo. We had a really nice time and ended up running into a friend of mine and her family as we were leaving. We had no idea they were there! It was too bad too because the kids would've had fun together.
Sleepy leopard
Ryan loved the elephant demonstration. He talked all about the elephant pushing the tree trunk. His favorite thing if you ask him, is "the one dinosaur". There is one dinosaur statue on the nature walk at this zoo that he just loved. It was the highlight of the trip for him. Forget all the REAL animals...just give the boy a dinosaur.We got home and Ryan blessed us with a 3 hour nap. We slept about 2 hours ourselves. It was HOT that morning and all 3 of us were worn out. We decided to order Pizza Hut for dinner. I was craving a greasy pan pizza and boy was it GOOD! It had been a long time since I had one of those.
We went to church on Sunday and enjoyed a great morning of worship. My cousin and his family came to our church, so Ryan and his little cousin Lilly got to hang out in their Sunday School class together. We spent the afternoon after Ryan's ultra-short nap washing the poor cars. I don't think they had gotten hand-washed in forever! Ryan enjoyed helping us out and playing in his kiddie pool. Mike got the back yard mowed and just as he was almost done, it started to RAIN!! ALL OVER MY CLEAN CARS and my poor hubby who was mowing the grass!!!
We took off to Sea World after dinner Sunday night. Since we have passes and Mike didn't have to work on Monday, we decided to go see the Shamu Rocks show. It was awesome and Ryan was glued. We rode the carousel with him and braved the drizzle and the soaked stroller. It was worth it. We got home soooo late, but Ryan was nice enough to sleep in until 7:45!
We went to church on Sunday and enjoyed a great morning of worship. My cousin and his family came to our church, so Ryan and his little cousin Lilly got to hang out in their Sunday School class together. We spent the afternoon after Ryan's ultra-short nap washing the poor cars. I don't think they had gotten hand-washed in forever! Ryan enjoyed helping us out and playing in his kiddie pool. Mike got the back yard mowed and just as he was almost done, it started to RAIN!! ALL OVER MY CLEAN CARS and my poor hubby who was mowing the grass!!!
We took off to Sea World after dinner Sunday night. Since we have passes and Mike didn't have to work on Monday, we decided to go see the Shamu Rocks show. It was awesome and Ryan was glued. We rode the carousel with him and braved the drizzle and the soaked stroller. It was worth it. We got home soooo late, but Ryan was nice enough to sleep in until 7:45!Since Mike was home on Monday, I decided to use him to my advantage and get some things DONE around here. We haven't had the chance to really get many household projects done since having Ryan. I know, it's been 2 years, but those of you with little kids totally understand me I know you do. Now that he's older, more independent, and can entertain himself while we work, life is so much easier and I LOVE IT!
After breakfast, we went on a family walk to get Sputnik some exercise and to feed the ducks. Then, we got to work. We took turns pressure-washing the house and I trimmed the hibiscus tree. The laundry was going and Ryan was digging in his favorite dirt pile. We spent all morning outside. Again, too hot, tired and LAZY (lol) to make lunch, I grabbed a coupon and we headed to Quizno's. YUMMY!! We all enjoyed a great lunch and then came home where Ryan took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Mike tried to install a new stereo in my car, but turns out the "fully functional and tested" stereo was broken. He is going to get a refund. Sooo, I decided to rest for a little while and then cleaned off my bookcase, threw out all of my old books from my Master's program that are obsolete and I can't sell, and cleaned out old clothes from both of our dressers. YEAH! I can see the light!
We picked Cristy up at the airport, came home, and I got dinner going while Mike finished the pressure-washing and Ryan watched Curious George. I managed to get my Bible lesson done tonight as well.
It was a fantastic weekend. Ryan got SO much good time with his Daddy and for that I cannot be more grateful. I sometimes forget how much time Mike really DOESN'T get because I am with Ryan all the time since I stay home. He begged for Daddy all weekend. I am so thankful that he loves Mike and wants to be with him. I think this was the best Labor Day weekend I've ever had. I am blessed beyond words and so thankful for everything God has given me.







looks like a fun and busy weekend
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun weekend!
ReplyDelete