Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Week at Grandma & Grandad's House

WOW! What a week! Ryan and I embarked on our very first mother-son road trip without Daddy. Sputnik came with us too! I am happy to say I am still alive...lol! We went to north Florida to visit my parents. My mom was on Spring Break and my dad had vacation this past week. For them to be off at the same time is rare, so I figured it would be the perfect time for Ryan to get to spend some quality time with his Grandma & Grandad.
The trip up took about 4 hours (normally 3.5, but we had to stop twice). Ryan did really well and only melted down near the last leg of the trip. He sang, played with his toys, rocked out to the radio with Mama, & was just a super traveler!
We made it to their house around 12:30 PM on Monday. I had a starving little man as you can see by the empty plate. Grandma fed him and here he is enjoying his homemade chocolate chip cookie. Let the spoiling begin!

Monday evening, we had playtime in the backyard. My parents have 1 1/2 acres so Ryan & the dogs had tons of room to run. Here he is with my Mom's youngest Yorkie, Piper.


Grandad & Ryan by the grapevine. This grapevine was given to my Dad by his grandfather. It was originally planted in our backyard in Orlando in the 80's. We dug it up & transplanted it when we moved to N. Florida in 1988. It is huge now and makes tons of grapes every year. My Mom made all my wreath centerpieces for my wedding from it 12 years ago!

Ryan saying goodnight to Grandad after a long day.

Ryan helping Grandma clean the boat. She told him he had to wear his life jacket in order to get in with her. He happily obliged and was a big helper.

We took Ryan to the City Park to play. I was on the top of the playset and took this picture. I mean, could he be ANY cuter?

Going down the big boy slide all by himself! I have one fearless little guy!

Here I am helping Ryan slide back & forth. He was actually hanging on, which he normally never likes to do. I could let go of him and he would hang there....ha!

What comes out of here?

Here is Ryan at the Econfina River boat ramp. We all took Ryan for his very first boat ride on Grandad's boat.

Ryan and me right after we launched the boat. Check out that life jacket courtesy of Grandad & Grandma!

All he wanted to do was lean over and touch that water. "Water peeeeze" was all we heard. He had such a great time!

Grandma & Ryan enjoying the boat ride.

We went out to the Gulf of Mexico for a little bit, but the water was so choppy. Ryan was uncomfortable, so we came back and just went up & down the river. It was a beautiful trip.

Admiral Ryan M. Williamson in command!

Driving the boat with Grandaddy.

On Thursday, Mom, Ryan and I took off to Tallahassee to do some shopping. Here are Grandma & Ryan at the mall checking out the fountain. Ryan looked over the ledge and yelled his new favorite phrase, "WHHHOOOOAAAA!!!

After a long day, we went to Deal's Oyster House for dinner. Ryan ate his fried shrimp, hushpuppies, & french fries. YUM!

Friday afternoon it was time to say goodbye. It was a wonderful week, but we were ready to get home to Daddy.

We had a fun time. It's always great to get away and it makes you appreciate coming home even more!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looked like an awesome trip...and Ryan is so cute in all those pictures! What a sweetie you have!

    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete