It was a BIG day at our house today. We said bye-bye to the crib and hello to the toddler bed! Ryan wasn't climbing out of the crib, but he was jumping in it so hard that I was afraid he would break the springs. He seemed ready for a change and so was I. I was nervous, as any first-time mom would be, but we made a big day out of it and it was great!
Daddy & Ryan putting his new bed together. We were super-blessed with this bed. When Ryan was 4 months old, our neighbors a few doors down had a yard sale and we were able to pick this up for pennies. It's been waiting in the garage for 2 years :-)
Here is the big man testing out his new bed. He was so excited about it.
Look at me!
This was taken 20 minutes into nap time. His first nap in his new bed lasted 2 hours!! He still normally naps 2.5-3 hours so I was very happy with the 2 hours in a brand new setting! He didn't have one problem with laying down or going to sleep.
Here is Ryan's new "Big Boy" room. We had so much fun decorating it today and taking down all the baby stuff. It was emotional, yes, but SO much fun to see him light up with all the cars & trucks.
The train lamp in the corner was given to me when I was a baby. Now, Ryan gets to enjoy it in his transportation room!






His room is so cute! I'm sure he will love it! Congratulations on the easy transition for nap time. I hope bedtime went just as well last night.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Sunday!
very exciting and what a cute room. hope bedtime went well too
ReplyDeleteBedtime went great!! He slept all the way through the night and didn't get up till 7:30 the next morning!
ReplyDelete