Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Crack of Dawn...yaaawwnnn!

Well, it seems my son likes to get up earlier and earlier these days. UGH!!! I have become spoiled to his sleeping until at least 7:00-7:30, but nooooo, lately it's been 6:15-6:30 that he's up. Not sure what's going on with him (other than he's 2 & that's a whole 'nother story...lol). He's still going to bed on time at 7:30 PM, but isn't falling asleep as fast. He's doing the bed escape thing now. He only tries to escape a couple times and we just put him back in his bed. He usually throws one good fit and then it's off to dreamland. He is still napping during the day, about 2-2.5 hours. He has shortened his nap (booo), but I will take what I can get!!! I am grateful he naps at all!

He recently learned how to open his bedroom door and met my mother in the hallway this past weekend while she was visiting. I decided it was time for doorknob covers. We already have them on the doors leading outside for safety. Now they are on his bedroom door, the bathroom door, and the office door. I leave the bathroom & office doors closed during the day so he can't go in there & play, but he can have access to his room which is in the same area of the house.

This morning was the first test of the doorknob covers and he has happily played in his room for about 1/2 hour while I have had my coffee and some peace & quiet like I usually do. He was up at 6:15 today. Maybe this means a good nap. I don't know, but I am worn out. Let's hope today is better than yesterday. That was the roughest day I've had in a very long time. I know, I know, welcome to TWO years old. I've heard it all, but it doesn't make it any more fun or easier. I miss my sweet boy. He was so difficult and melted down and tantrumed over every. single. thing yesterday. He didn't know what to do with himself and I felt so badly for him. He wouldn't play with anything and just wanted to get himself into trouble. My patience was gone by the time Mike got home. Thank goodness I have a great husband who takes over when he comes home so I can get some down time after a long day with a toddler.

Well, it's time to get the day started with Ryan. I am determined that it will be a good one!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment