Saturday was the first time in 21 months that I had an entire day without any type of childcare whatsoever. I almost didn't know what to do with myself, except that we had a schedule to follow at the retreat. We had a guest speaker, 3 sessions, small groups (which I loved), great food, and lots of fellowship. Let's not forget those SNACKS which I ate way too many of! I actually won a door prize too on the first night! I had a paper star taped under my chair so I was the lucky girl. I won Joyce Meyer's "Starting Your Day Right" devotional. I actually have that book and had read from it that morning, so I gave it to a friend of mine who was on the retreat with me. What a fun time to be able to hold conversations with my friends...uninterrupted conversations! We got to know each other better, catch up on things, and just be in each other's presence without having to rush off because one of our dear children needed attending to. It was all about US for a little while and you know, we're WORTH IT!
It was so nice to be able to get away, even for a short time, to be reminded of the blessings I have here at home. Sometimes the monotony of life, the busyness, the daily routine, can blur the reality of how blessed we really are and how good we really have it. I know my thoughts get clouded on a regular basis and I find myself complaining. I am thankful for my home. Even though it is small and I would love an extra room or two, I am glad I have a warm place to lay my head and a roof to keep me dry. I am so grateful for an amazing husband who would do anything in this world for me. He SO enjoyed his time with Ryan. I didn't have to leave a list or anything...lol. He is such an involved father & knows Ryan's routine, his likes, dislikes, etc, that he can carry on without me just fine. What a comfort and a blessing!
I was glad to see my own comfy bed when I got home. Ryan was thrilled to see me as well. He kept hugging me and saying, "Hi, Hi!" What a sweet monkey! It was nice to be the celebrity parent for a change. Normally Daddy is the celebrity and I am chopped liver...ha.
I can't wait until the next retreat. Hopefully I can have some more of my friends with me to share in the fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment