Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Florida Forest Festival

 
This past weekend, Ryan and took our first Mommy/Ryan road trip since I have been well. What a GREAT bonding time it was for us. I was able to spend some serious one on one time with my boy and he is really learning that he can count on me once again. We headed up to Perry, FL for the Florida Forest Festival. I was so sad to have to miss last year and was not going to miss out again. Mike stayed behind, as he had a golf tournament to raise money for our church preschool. Enjoy the long list of pictures and our adventures:
 
 

 
Oh, Cheezeburger! That cat was in love with my red grocery bag. Every chance he got, he was laying on it!
 
 
 
On Friday morning, Dad, Ryan, and I started our day at Johnson's Bakery. There is no donut in the world like theirs. Ryan at BOTH of those giant donuts! It was a real treat for him, as we don't eat donuts very often at all.




We ended up at the Tallahassee Museum and really enjoyed the cool weather and all of the animals!



After a much needed nap for Mommy & Ryan, we all headed to Deal's Famous Oyster House for dinner. YUM!! It is my favorite place to eat when I go home. Ryan sure loves his shrimp!




On Saturday morning, we went downtown for the King Tree Parade. We grabbed our usual seats in front of the Courthouse. It was chilly!! I am glad that Ryan's jacket was in the bottom of his backpack!


 
Photo of my mom, taken by Ryan


My high school band





After the parade, we headed to the festival and the World's Largest Free Fish Fry. Ryan sure enjoyed riding the horse!

 
 
2 hours of carnival rides!!




Standing in this line, the most profound and exclamatory statement was issued to me by my son. As I held him here, he looked at me, hugged me, and said, "Mommy, you really ARE back!"
My heart melted. I said, "Yes, buddy I am back and I am not going anywhere!"






Ryan sure loves his new pop gun!






That evening, Grandaddy & Ryan did a little BB Gun balloon target practice!





Cheezeburger, feeling a little extra cheesy!



Sunday morning, before we left to go home, we took a very cold walk to see the neighbor's cactus plants. If you know Ryan, you know he loves all cacti!

 
It was a super fun weekend, and we are all still recovering from the trip. I can't wait until next year when we get to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment