Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, October 6, 2012

These are a few of his favorite things...

I used to be so good at keeping up with Ryan's every word, but now that he speaks so clearly and sometimes way too much like a grown-up, I lose track of all the silly, hilarious, and whimsical things that leave his mouth. I want to make a point to write them down because I already love loking back at our blog from a couple of years ago and reading my posts about this very subject. It's funny how I have already forgotten some of the things he said.
Sooo, without further adieu, here are some of the things that leave my boy's mouth at age 4 years, almost 6 months.
 
 
"Mommy, that aloe cactus resembles a big cactus!"
"Mommy, that's impressive!"
We have made up a voice for his plastic bath toy, "Shark". No matter what mood Ryan is in, if we talk to him in Shark's voice his response is always, "Yes?" He LOVES talking to his Shark. He and Daddy play "Shark Game" in the bath every night. Ryan talks to Shark and Shark talks to Ryan. He begs for it and is very sad if we can't play.
While talking to his stuffed animals in bed, "Dadgum, it's OK if Shamu's tail hits my fender over there!" (Mater to Shamu)
When banging his elbow on something, "Ow!! I hurt my Elmo!"
When he doesn't care for something he says, "No sank you!"
Angel the cat is still a "Big Ol' Thaaaaang"
 
Ryan has created his own "work" called "Booma's Center". Booma is an imaginary bear that he invented at age 2. Booma and Ryan work on computers, just like Daddy. His job moves to various locations around our area. Booma used to live with Uncle Ethan in Buffalo, but now has a permanent residence in Florida. Ryan and Booma have 20 cats and 5 beagles at the center that his Aunt Cristy and Jamie-Grace (the Christian singer) take care of. Ryan tells us of his daily accounts at "work" and all he did that day. Booma was originally a pink panda bear, but now he is not a spedific kind of bear, just a plain old bear. Every time we see a bear, it's "Booma". I LOVE this kid's imagination.
 
 Ryan is obsessed with all cacti. He has to stop and touch the aloe plants in our neighborhood on every walk or bike ride. If we see a real cactus anywhere, the world stops for discovery.
He will strike up a conversation with anyone he meets. He doesn't understand why not everyone will talk back to him. I love his innocence. He thinks the world is a big, wonderful place. He talks to the cashier at Publix, the bagger, the server at a restaurant, a passerby, anybody. "Hi, I'm Ryan! I'm in the Polar Bear class." And it goes on and on from there.
 
He dresses himself and feeds his 4 fish, RJ, Brady, Naper, & Duck every morning.
He loves listening to Bible stories and prays quite well by himself now.
His favorite friends that are in his bed are Shamu, Perkins the dog, Patrick Pup the dalmatian, a Mater pillow, Harvey the elephant, Lamby book, Pluto, Mr. Bumble, & my old Seal. Every friend has to be in place each night.
His favorite books currently are the Pete the Cat stories by Eric Litwin.
He writes his first name flawlessly now without assistance and holds his pencil correctly.
His favorite food is still sausage. He could eat it daily!
Brady is still his BFF. They have been friends since infancy.
He is a really good swimmer too. He can swim unassisted all over the pool.
He is a whiz with puzzles. He can pull a piece out of the box and has memorized where it goes. It's amazing how fast he puts 100+ piece puzzles together.
He still doesn't pronounce "Daddy" correctly. It's still comes out as "Daaa-eeeee" Precious.
Ryan has a fantastic vocabulary and comes up with something new each day. He is very into the words actually and apparently.
His favorite breakfast is still Dinosaur Eggs oatmeal. He loves yogurt, waffles, and strawberries with powdered sugar too.
He loves playing Angry Birds or "Bird Game" as he has dubbed it. He owns a few Bird Game t-shirts too.
He would rather do a puzzle or play than watch TV.
 
Ryan has already turned out to be well beyond his 4 1/2 years. I love watching him grow and change with each passing day. I try to savor the little moments, even when they are difficult and I am ready to throw in the towel. He's worth it though, every hard moment. He is the love of my life and I wouldn't trade a single moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment