What a FUN and crazy busy day Halloween was! It was by far the best Halloween I have had since Ryan has been born. The part 2 Halloweens I have been ill, so this was my redemption year! Here is how we spent our wild and crazy day:
We started off with Ryan's Fairy Tale Parade at his school. I found a cute bee costume for $5 at Target, so I decided to have him dress up as Alfredo Buzzito from the Skippyjon Jones book. It wasn't actually a fairy tale, but it was from a children's book...and it was inexpensive! I made his shirt though. That was a whirlwind crafting project the night before. It really made the costime though and was worth it!
Ryan's class...The Polar Bears
I was substitute room mother for the Fall Party that day. The other room mom had a sick little one, so she emailed in a panic and asked me to take over. No problem!! I got this! I love the kiddos and we had a blast.
This was the calm before the storm.
We had pizza, fruit snacks, pretzels, juice, chips, & cupcakes.
I was in charge of craft #1. I cut out a paper pumpkin for each child and they painted them with a glue, water, & pumpkin spice mixture. They smelled so good once they dried!
Then it was pumpkin carving time!
Once the seeds were counted (over 400 in the little pie pumpkin), it was craft #2 time. The class made a Christian pumpkin art project.
It was then time to get up and move! The kids danced to Animal Action which I have heard all about from Ryan on multiple occassions. It was a lot of fun to see him interact with his friends.
After the craziness of the party, we spent the afternoon at church with the kids in Extended Day. I was worn out, but got my second wind so I could go trick or treating!
Sputnik dressed up as a bumble bee
My 2 trick or treaters
Photo by Ryan
Ryan's "Roach pose"
Our neighborhood was awesome this year!
Someone was tuckered out after his huge day.






No comments:
Post a Comment