So, I am sure by now most of my Facebook readers have seen the Thankful Challenge for this month. I figured I would post some of my thankfuls here as well, so that my non-Facebook readers could enjoy as well. I have so MUCH to be truly thankful for this year and I want to shout it to the world!
I missed day one, so I will start with day 2:
Day 2: I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful to God for sparing my life and taking my Patrick so he wouldn't have to suffer here on Earth. I am grateful that I know I will see him again one day.
Day 3: I am thankful for being able to sleep. After sleeping 1-2 hours a night or sometimes not at all for 16 months, being able to sleep through the night is a gift. I am grateful for feeling rested each morning I wake up and having an abundance of energy for Ryan!
Day 4: I am thankful for my husband who truly has proven unconditional love and support over the last 2 years. He has more than proven the seriousness of the vows he spoke 14 years ago. When my personality and body were completely altered by Cushing's, he loved me and stood by me in the most horrific of times. When most would've walked out, he stood strong. He slept on hospital cots watching my heart
rate monitor and oxygen levels praying for God to spare me. He, along with Fred Turner planned the funeral for our son when I was stuck in the hospital. No matter how much weight I gained, how many ugly scars and extra skin my body has been given, he has loved me unconditionally. He watched me morph from a 150 lb happy, sane, loving wife and mother to a 220 lb, mentally panicked, angry, irritated, Cushing's monster, and never left me for one second. He always reassured me that, "I married you for what is inside, not for what life does to you on the outside." I love you Mike Williamson. Thank you for always being there for me and for our boys. I am eternally grateful for the outstanding role model your provide for Ryan and I know our angel Patrick is looking down on you from heaven saying, "That's MY daddy!" Here's to many more wonderful years and much better things to come!
Day 5: I am thankful for my children. I was told at one point that I may not be able to have any children. After multiple failed and expensive tries, Ryan & Patrick both showed up on their own! What a shock and surprise I received both times! Ryan, you have changed me for the better my son. I am a completely different person because of you. You light up my life with your humor, laughter, and silliness. Oh, to be a child again and not have a care in the world. We may have our struggles, but I wouldn't change the last 4 years for anything.
The best and hardest decision I ever made was giving up my whole career and quitting my job just for you. I was worth every single minute!! I don't regret anything. I have my lifetime to work, but you are only little once. Thank you Mike Williamson for providing for our family so I can be here with our son. Patrick, you were a blessing in disguise. I truly believe your short time here with us saved my life so I could be here for your brother. I may have never met your soul, and only held your tiny body for a few hours, but your spirit will live with our family forever. When people ask how many children I have, I say two. I have Ryan here on Earth, and Patrick in heaven. You are my son, Ryan's brother, and my life saver. To my children, I will be forever grateful to you for making me a better person and changing my life in the most profound way. I am truly blessed that God chose me to be the mom of the two most beautiful boys in this world.
My goal is to keep this challenge up all the way until Thanksgiving!






No comments:
Post a Comment