Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I am Thankful Day 6

 
 
Day 6: I am thankful for my sister, Cristy Turner Albrecht-Carrie. She has truly shown her loyalty to our family over the past 2 years. She took over the mothering role with Ryan when I was unable. When I hit heart failure, she dropped everything to come take care of Ryan so Mike could be with me. She fed him, changed him, bathed him, and bought him clothing. She read stories, took him to preschool, and put him to bed, either at her house or mine. She brought him to the hospital every day to visit me. She ran with him through the "magic doors" and swam with him in her pool. She set up a donation find to help with my medical bills and Patrick's funeral costs. She was there for me in ways that I could never have imagined. She listened to the doctors tell her I was a few hours away from a ventilator and a flight to Shand's in Gainesville. She held my Ryan when he was born and cried tears of joy and she held my tiny Patrick the night he was born and cried tears of sorrow. She cried with me at her own wedding when I was so upset about my appearance and what Cushing's had done to me. I don't know many people who have such a wonderful sibling. I am so beyond blessed. Because of you, my son had stability through the most horrific of times. Because of you, my husband could be with me. I thank God for you every day. It breaks my heart that Ryan will never experience the sibling bond here on Earth. We have something special. I love you skank, hootch, B.L., and chicken butt! The past 32 years have been a blast. I can't wait to see what's ahead! I LOVE YOU!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment