Day 12: I am thankful for having the right to say I am thankful. I am very, very thankful for my mother in law, Elaine LeCrone Birkinshaw. I remember the first time we met at a band competition, where the Marching Knights were an exhibition band, at Seminole High School in 1996. Thank you for always putting your kids first and making my husband the man he is today. Thank you for showing him a great
work ethic and teaching him the value of hard work and commitment. Than man he is today not only reflects his choices in life, but your guidance and framework from the beginning. Thank you for loving me as your own daughter for over 16 years now. Even through the midst of Cushing's, when I was less than rational and very, very angry at the world, you continued to love me and support me as your own. Thank you for your help with Ryan, and for never giving up on me. Thank you for driving over here to go to the endocrinologist with me this time last year, and for suggesting that I bring pictures of my former self. For those pictures are what tipped her off as to my real problem and lead to a diagnosis. Thank you for dropping everything to come for the birth of Ryan & Patrick. They are both blessed to have you as Blondegrandma! I am proud to have you for my mother in law and could not ask for anyone any better. Thank you for all of the Black Friday midnight shopping excursions, baking goodies in the kitchen, and being there for me through everything. Most of all, thank you for raising the man of my dreams to be a loving, committed, Christian husband. I am honored to call you my mother in law!






No comments:
Post a Comment