Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful Day 13 & 14

Day 13: I am thankful for a lovely bunch of ladies, most of whom I have never met. Back in the day 5 years ago before the facebook craze, we all metup on Ivillage.com. We ARE the April 2008 Applebottoms. Yep, every one of us has a precious little one born in April 2008! From the moment we discovered the miracle of life growing inside us, to the birth of our little loves, diapers, formula, sleepless
 nights, potty training, and now the ever-looming kindergarten monster, these women have bonded together and become some of my closest friends. When one of us is down and out, you can count on the rest of them to pull together to help and support the fallen. When I was sick, they kindheartedly donated over $300 out of the goodness of their hearts and their own pockets to help with my medical bills and Patrick's funeral expenses. Nobody told them or asked them too. They did it all on their own. I have been fortunate to meet some of them, and hopefully one day we can all connect! We live all over the world, but all are intertwined through the gift of our sweet babies. I love you all dearly and am so blessed to call you my friends!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Day 14: I am thankful for my heart, and that it's still beating. There is nothing like a close call with life that will truly make you grateful for what you have. A normal person's EF (ejection fraction) is between 55-60%. At my lowest point last year, mine was teetering on the edge of 30-35% with fluid-filled lungs and I was gasping for breath. After Patrick's birth, it rebounded to between 40-45...
% and that is where it stayed all last year. My last echocardiogram was last year while I still had Cushing's and there was no change. Today could change all of that. I have my first echocardiogram post-Cushing's. After 19 months on Coreg (beta-blocker) and getting rid of that horrible desease, I pray my heart has healed and is back to it's full strength. If you could spare a prayer that the results of my echo would be normal, I would appreciate it. My sweet boy is praying that one day Mommy will have a good heart and to "Ask Dr. Waldman if you can ride roller coasters!" Today could be that day....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment