Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 24, 2011

To My Ryan

Dear Ryan,

Where has the time gone? I cannot believe you are 3 1/2. This has certainly been a big, stressful year for all of us. You have handled it so well for such a little guy. Seeing your Mommy go through a major illness, change inside and out, and to lose your baby brother has to have taken it's toll on you. Daddy and I have done our very best to make sure you felt secure. Aunt Cristy, Uncle Ethan, and all of your grandparents were such troopers through it all too. They took amazing care of you while Mommy was sick. Everyone loves you so very much.

Oh my, the things you are into these days! You are completely obsessed with all things Cars. Your favorite characters are Lightning McQueen (Lipen DaQueen as you call him), and Mater. You can name every Car character though. You've recently gotten into puzzles again and can put them together perfectly. You love your truck, Curious George, and Cars puzzles the best. You're a master at Legos and build a mean tower. Going down to feed the ducks is still a favorite activity of yours. We have to stop and see the dead tree and the cactus blooms on our neighbor's aloe plants. Your favorite book is "The Fire Cat". You love reading about Pickles and his big paws. I love listening to you read inthe mornings before I go get you up for the day. Your precious voice is so wonderful to hear.You are learning how to ride your Cars bike that Aunt Cristy got for you. It's still hard to pedal, but you're trying so hard. You still love to collect acorns and mow the yard with your bubble mower. The park is one of your favorite places to go. We spend lots of time at the parks around town playing and having picnic lunches. Mommy is into making you fun cookie cutter sandwiches and you just love them.

You attend Lifesong preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Your teachers are Mrs. Megan, Mrs. Lori, and Mrs. Kim. You're learning all of your letters, numbers, sounds, and passed your speech screening! You have a shark backpack and lunchbox this year. You're wearing a size 7.5 shoe, 3T shirts, and 3T pants. You're growing so fast! Your friends in your class are Jacob, Riley Earley, Riley Morris, Brady, & Gavin. I get good reports on your progress and behavior all the time. I am so proud of you.

The things you say just blow my mind. You love to sing in the car and make up songs, just like Mommy & Daddy do. You're into picking a lyric out of a particular song and asking me if it is the name of the song. You love Mr. Richard, The Imagination Movers, and your Jungle Mix cds. You don't quite understand why I can't make a certain song come on the radio, but I can play anything you want from a cd :-) One of your favorite things to do is check out every exhaust pipe on every car. You love to tell me how many exhaust pipes every vehicle has! You can count to 20, say your ABC's, know most of your letters and sounds and your numbers. You love to do preschool activities and crafts with me. We have had so much fun! You also love to help me bake and cook. Pouring in the ingredients is your favorite part of cooking. You're not to into the stirring part. It's too hard you tell me.

You are one of the most observant little guys I know. You know the routes to and from lots of places and can name the direction we are going, left, right, etc. You love Shamu, carnivals, & ferris wheels. The "Ryan size" ferris wheel was so exciting for you to see, but you prefer the "Big Wheel" that Aunt Cristy takes you on. You were the cutest ring bearer in the world at Aunt Cristy's wedding in September. We are so proud of you. You did a great job walking J.R. down the aisle even though he was just after Milk Bones! Sputnik and Angel are your best friends. You love to throw toys for both of them. Sometimes you get a little rough, but you're working hard on it. You love to hug and pet them so much. One of the special things we get to do together is snuggle. You've become very snuggly since you turned 3.

I love to sit onthe couch and watch TV with you on my lap. Your favorite shows are Curious George, Cat in the Hat, SuperWhy!, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and believe it or not, 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray. She is your first celebrity crush. You beg me to watch her show and tell me, "She's a good cooker." You also love to watch Giada at Home with me. You tell me that Miss Giada chops better than Rachael Ray!Some of your favorite songs are, "Country Girl Shake it for Me" by Luke Bryan (The Shake it for me song), "Barefoot Blue Jean Night" by Jake Owen, "Itsy Bitsy Spider" by Basho, "Kids Gotta Rock" by Mr. Richard, "Gitchee Gitchee Goo" from Phineus & Ferb, "Life is a Highway" by Rascall Flatts (The Lightning McQueen Song)m Choo Choo Soul, Alvin & the Chipmunks songs, & Mater's Car Tunes.

We certainly are having our battle of the wills since you've turned 3. Two years old was so easy! Boy are you showing your strong side now. You & Mommy frequently butt heads since we're just alike. I guess you get your good looks from Daddy & you're firey temper from Mommy. It's all good though. We're hanging tough through it all.I love you very much Ryan Michael. I am so grateful God chose me to be your Mommy and that he gave me a 2nd chance at life. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't here to be with you. Daddy and I love you forever.

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, you are such an amazing mom!! This is a wonderful idea. I feel so bad sometimes because I feel like I'm missing so much of Cameron's life having to work. I was digital scrapbooking and I've even fell behind on it. I'm going to sit down and do this for Cameron. That way, if I ever have a chance to catch up on his baby book... I'll actually remember some of the details of his life at that moment. Thanks for the inspiration!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he likes to watch Rachel Ray...who knows, maybe you have a future chef on your hands!!! Cute post with such precious stories about your son!

    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete