Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Science

Ryan is surely taking after his Mommy with his interest in the weather. I always tell people, if my brain could compute math & physics I would've been a meteorologist. I LOVE all things weather.

Ryan was asking us the other night why it rains and how the clouds make the rain fall. He is very into clouds and can name each type. His favorite is the Cumulonimbus...Mommy's too. I love a good storm cloud.

This experiment was actually my science fair project from 4th grade. I remembered it and thought it was the perfect way to show him the Water Cycle. He LOVED it!

I used a regular drinking glass (you can also use a jar) and filled it with very hot water. I put a pie tin on top and filled it with ice. We watched the water evaporate and "rain" inside the glass. He got so excited when it started raining!

While we were waiting for rain, we did the Life Cycle of a pumpkin. I am loving that it is this time of year.

A little out of order here, but you can see the "rain" on the pie tin.


I hope your weekend is going as well as ours is!




2 comments:

  1. very cool. will have to do that one with my boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen the life cycle of a pumpkin before! How fun.

    ReplyDelete