Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good Riddance 2011, Hello 2012!

To say that 2011 was the worst year of my life would be an understatement. It is one year that I never care to relive, think about, or see again. I spent every.single.day of it in some kind of physical & mental pain. I survived Cushing's Syndrome, congestive heart failure, and the loss of my baby boy. Cushing's stole so much from me. It destroyed my physical & mental state. While my mental state is slowly returning to normal, I will live with the physical effects from this syndrome for the rest of my life. I thank God every day that I am alive. Cushing's stole the joy and zest for life that I have. It put me in so much physical pain that I was forced to miss out of dates, concerts, dinners, and pretty much anything else that a regular person does. I sat at home depressed and hurting.
I praise God for sending my endocrinologist to me. She knew exactly what was wrong and now I can focus on getting well. I have a very long road ahead of me, but I am on my way. I am so very sad about all the time I have missed out on being Ryan's mommy. I am glad it is returning, but it pains me to see all the heartache he and I had to endure while I was so very sick. To not want to hear your child's voice or do anything with him HURTS. At least I know it was the syndrome speaking and it wasn't ME. It's so very hard to explain the horror that I felt and still sometimes feel. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy in the world. It's THAT BAD.
I am going to use 2012 to slowly put my life back together. It will take me awhile to wean off my steroids, but there is an end to this madness. I pray that anyone with symptoms of this syndrome seek help immediately. My doctors were fooled by my pregnancy and it cost me a year's worth of health and my sweet baby. My heart will forever ache for Patrick, but I am going to use this experience to help others so they never have to feel the PAIN that I have had to endure.
Good riddance 2011. You sucked...royally.
Hello 2012! New year, new hopes, new dreams.


2 comments:

  1. I pray that 2012 will be a kind, gentle and peaceful year for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sweet friend! I know the Lord will make up for the time you have lost in ways that only He can. I am looking forward to watching you get your zest for life back. Remember that you can do ALL things through Christ who gives you strength (Phillipians 4:13). He is with you every moment and will see you through. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete