Last Wednesday, I woke up and was NOT into following my usual routine. Now that my health is back and I can drive long distances without panic attacks, I decided to do something spontaneous!
As we were picking out Ryan's clothes for the day, I sat down on the floor with him (that is a HUGE accomplishment in itself...just to sit on the floor)...anyway and asked him if he would like to go to the zoo! Of course he said yes and after breakfast we were off on our adventure.
We arrived right at opening time! This is Ryan's favorite rock at this zoo and I had to get his picture with it again.
Here is Ryan on the same rock back in January. It's amazing how much my boy has changed in 7 short months!
We took off to see the animals before it got too hot. This deer came right to the fence to let Ryan pet her.
Why hello there Mr. Crocodile!
Ryan and me on the train ride.
He loves the petting zoos. I am FAR from a germophobe so I let him pet everybody. He loves animals so much. He even gave one of the goats a hug.
Thank goodness for the sand pit in the air conditioning!
We finished our day in the splash pool. I think it is so cool that this zoo has one of these, especially in Florida!
Ryan made a new friend in this disabled little boy. He was so sweet and kind to him. It really made my heart smile to see him being so kind to someone who is different. I love my boy!
He was pretending to be an alligator!
Overall, we had a wonderful day. I was sweating bullets in the 105 degree heat index, but we enjoyed every bit of it. I love being able to have days like this again with Ryan.







No comments:
Post a Comment