Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 5: The Please Touch Museum & more!


I only have one word to describe this day...HOT!!! Us Floridians brought the heat to Philadelphia. It was actually hotter in Philly than in Orlando!! I was beyond miserable in the heat. I have never done well in the heat, but now that my health is not 100% yet, it's worse. I was dripping sweat and hunting for A/C!

We started our day by taking the SEPTA bus downtown to the historic district. Thank goodness for Mike's smartphone! He was able to look up the bus schedule and boy was it a huge help.


Our first stop was the cemetery where Ben Franklin is buried. We took a tour around it and found os many Revolutionary War heroes. It really puts freedom into perspective when you see some of the original men who died for what we have today.


We walked a few blocks to the Betsy Ross house. We didn't go in, but at least got a nice picture.


By the time we made it to the Liberty Bell, I was melting and miserable. Thankfully the building had cold air conditioning. We got some great pictures, but didn't have time to read everything that was there. I had a melting little boy too. We snapped the pictures and enjoyed the cool air.


Mom and the Liberty Bell


We had picked up tickets for the tour of Independence Hall, but by the time we finished at the Liberty Bell, we still had about a 40 minute wait. I was hungry and hot so we left Mom at Independence Hall to meet up with Cristy to do the tour. Ryan wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway. We had told him that today was his day and that we were going to the Please Touch Museum. We caught a SEPTA bus and off the 3 of us went. And along the ride I sang.....over the potholes and through the ghetto to the Please Touch Museum we go!!!!


Holy Cow, why don't we have one of these in Orlando! This was THE BEST museum I have ever been to and puts our science center to shame. I had heard about it on TV a few years ago, and was thrilled to let Ryan experience it. It is the perfect place for rambunctious and curious little ones!





We started our journey, after lunch in the cafe, at the water works. Ryan really liked this part, except that he thought he was king of everything and had trouble sharing.


We went to the other side of the museum next. If Ryan could've stayed at this Car Wash exhibit all day, he would have. He tried to take over, but we had to explain to him that everyone gets a turn and he had to share. One of the downfalls of being an only child...sigh...





He had a good time putting all the accessories on his car. He was trying to tell the boys next to him how to do their car too.


This was a neat little exhibit. It kept him busy for 20 minutes!



Like father, like son.







Aunt Cristy & Ryan had a great time at the "cement block" play area. Mom and Cristy finished their tour of Independence Hall and met us at the museum. Ryan was very meticulous about how his bricks were arranged and laid out.




It's Supermarket Sweep!





The supermarket was my FAVORITE part of the museum. We had a blast shopping for the food with the little carts. Ryan thought the checkout was awesome. When you run the food over the black area (see above), there is a light sensor that makes a beep! He would scan his food and punch in the "price" on the cash register. All he needed was his coupon binder and he would've been set!!! He definitely gets his grocery skills from his Mama!





My cool and tired dude heading for Aunt Cristy's car. It was a super-fun time at the Please Touch Museum. If you are ever in Philadelphia with young children, I HIGHLY recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment