Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sesame Place and the Finale

On Thursday morning, we all took off to Sesame Place. I really wanted Ryan to get to go here. It's just the perfect amusement park for little ones. Let me start by saying that it was another scorching hot day. It was so hot that it was miserable. Had I not been on vacation, I would've stayed home. I sucked it up for Ryan though. I am tired of missing out!


The first thing he spotted was the Vapor Trail roller coaster. My boy is a coaster junkie, just like I was as a child. Cristy & Ethan rode it with him and he was so excited! The rest of us watched from the side.





Our Family st Sesame Place


Ethan, Mom, Ryan, & Cristy


Riding the Vapor Trail


All done!


Cristy, Mom, & Ethan took Ryan on the carousel.


The simplest things in life make her happy ;-)


Weee, down the slide with Auntie!

The rest of the afternoon at Sesame Place, Mike, Ethan, Cristy, & Ryan went to the water park side. Mom and I manned the gear and chatted. The heat index was so bad that all I wanted to do was find shade and stay there. I didn't even feel like getting wet. I just overall felt weary and worn out. It had been a huge week and my body was waving the white flag. It was awesome to see my baby have so much fun. We watched him go on his first water slide...the big family raft ride. He was PUMPED! I thought it would've scared him. Not my boy! This was his very first water park. Now he is ready for the big time here at home!


The next day was Friday and my little family of 2 called it quits while Mom, Cristy, & Ethan went to NYC for the day. I couldn't take anymore. We spent the day in Philadelphia relaxing and getting Cristy's tire fixed. First thing on the agenda was walking the boys.


Ryan encouraging Tabasco to move...lol!


J.R. got to take his cone off for the walk.


We took the dogs home and headed off in Cristy's car on our adventure. We stopped at McDonald's for lunch where Ryan wolfed down his entire Happy Meal without having to be asked to eat. He was hungry!! After that, we dropped Cristy's tire at Pep Boys and Mike took his 2 weary little soldiers back to the apartment for a nap. Ryan and I crashed together for 2 hours while Mike went back for the plugged tire. Then he got to nap right along with us.



Friday evening, I got to meet up with another friend from my Internet playgroup. Melissa lives about an hour away from Philly, so we met at a Red Robin for dinner right near Sesame Place. It was half way for both of us. Her daughter, Aimee, was born in April 2008 with Ryan.


After dinner, we took the kids to the mall across the street to get some energy out. Here are Ryan, Aimee, and Hayden hamming it up!


My sweet family at the mall.



Saturday morning came quickly. We had our final breakfast at Cristy & Ethan's apartment before packing our bags to head home.


Uncle Ethan had to go to work, so we said our goodbye's that morning.


I took this picture of Ryan & Cristy sitting on her stoop right before we got in the cab to go to the airport.



It was one overbooked flight to Orlando! I always wish they would let the locals fly home first...lol!
It was a LONG flight too. We had a very naughty and noisy 2 year old girl behind us. Her mother bribed and talked to her the ENTIRE flight while she screamed and kicked the back of my seat. It was a miserable flight. I am going to brag on my sweet boy. He was sitting behind this girl, quietly watching his movie and behaving himself. I love my boy!


We topped off the evening with a trip to High Tide Harry's, our favorite local seafood restaurant. Mom and I celebrated surviving the flight home!


My sweet Angel was glad to see us. This is where she slept for the first week we got back...behind my head on my pillow.

We had a wonderful time on our trip, but it was SO nice to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment