Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Getting a little crafty

I got this great idea from my friend Lori. Who doesn't love shaving cream and colors! Ryan had a blast playing in it. Afterwards, we put paper shapes onto the shaving cream and let them dry. We had a nice array of colored paper. I am really happy he enjoyed it. He's typically not a mess-loving kid. He sure had a ball with this though!




We started letter I this week. Here is our island we made. I found this idea at No Time for Flash Cards. This website is fantastic! I am really enjoying all the crafts they have to offer and so is Ryan.



I decided to do another science experiment with Ryan this week. I also got this one from Lori. We worked on surface tension. Ryan came up with this hypothesis all on his own. I am so proud of him! This is a journal that I got at Wal Mart. He loves Sid the Science Kid on PBS so I decided to start a science journal with him just like Sid has. He is really excited about it. This is our 2nd experiement that we've used it for. I cut out paper boats as you see here. I used dishwashing liquid and dropped it into the slot. Out of 3 boats, one moved across the pan. It was exciting to see it work and Ryan loved it. I have gotten crafty myself lately. I am really getting into making fun bento lunches for Ryan. He picked out some new cookie cutters at Michael's the other day. I decided to do Lightning McQueen pb&j for his lunch at preschool. He was wearing it when I picked him up. Actually, his shirt was wearing it because it was in a bag in his backpack. He had his spare shirt on! I asked him what happened and he said, "I got peanut butter & jelly on it Mommy." HA! At least he ate!!!


Lightning McQueen pb&j on wheat with a few sprinkles and fondant decor.


I had a couple of leftover t-shirts that are almost too small for Ryan. I got creative last night and decorated them. I had a lot of fun!


Sometimes he loves them a little too much ;-)





















3 comments:

  1. my boys have journals for their projects too. got to love Sid! glad you both enjoyed the projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't have that creative gene, lol! Your projects with Ryan look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wonderful momma! Can you come over and do craft time with me?!? Pretty, please ;-) XO, H

    ReplyDelete