Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun with the Gingerbread Man


Letter G week is off to a fantastic start here at home. I decided to do a Gingerbread Man day with Ryan to kick it off. We read the Gingerbread Man story last night at bedtime to give Ryan the head's up on what it was all about. I had already told him that the Gingerbread Man was coming and was leaving a surprise. He was excited all weekend!

I printed out paper Gingerbread Man shapes from the Internet and made up little rhyming clues to go on them. I hid them in order around the house last night and when Ryan got up this morning, we went from place to place reading the clues. He was THRILLED! He was running to each and every spot looking for where the next clue was.



There was one on his toy box in the living room.


One on the loveseat


One in my closet


One on the TV


The kitchen was the last stop. The Gingerbread Man left all of the ingredients for cookies!! Ryan was so excited.


He even left a coloring sheet too. This kept Ryan busy while I cleaned up from breakfast. Then we got started on the cookies.


My little helper doing his favorite part.


Gotta make a good mess or it's just not any fun!


Sampling the goodness that is gingerbread



Ryan's finished product. He was really into using the pencil today.


He loved using the new cookie cutter


Not the gumdrop buttons!!!!


Putting on the Reese's Pieces for eyes


Mommy & Ryan's letter G Gingerbread Men.


You may be thinking, man this lady does all kinds of things with her son! This time last year, I probably wouldn't have. I took my life and health for granted every single day. Now that I am recovering from my heart failure and still am very much overweight, dealing with lack of sleep, and medicinal side effects, I don't take a single moment for granted anymore. There have been so many months in the last year where I physically and mentally could not take care of my son due to my illness and pregnancy. I am so grateful to God for giving me my life back slowly but surely. I am grateful to be able to sit at the table and do things like this with Ryan. He is growing up so fast and I missed so much of his 2 year old year. I am not going to miss 3 years old too! We are having so much fun together. I guess it's the teacher in me that is coming back out. I love that he's getting older (in some ways), but that I can teach him and use my gifts and talents that God has given me. I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be. Life is better every day and can only continue to improve.





2 comments:

  1. so fun. you are giving your son the love time and attention that he needs and deserves. if anyone gives you a hard time about it, it's cause they are jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Looks like you two had wonderful quality time together! My kiddo loves that story too (and we made some gingerbread men last Christmas.) I still have a mix and I think that'll be something fun to do this week! Thanks! Loved the pics too!

    ReplyDelete