On Wednesday, March 23 we said goodbye to out precious Patrick Rex. The funeral was held at our church and couldn't have gone any better. Our pastor did an absolutely fantastic job on the service.
Patrick's little blue casket was beautiful and the florist we found did an amazing job on the casket spray. We stuck with the fire truck theme since that was going to be the theme of his room. The florist put a toy fire truck and a burp cloth embroidered with Patrick's name and a fire truck into the casket spray. We used red roses, yellow tulips, and white lillies along with lots of greenery. We had double rose bouquets that were removable and members of our immediate family received those.
I loved what my pastor said about my precious boy. Although he never opened his eyes on Earth, the first time he opens his eyes in Heaven, he will see Jesus. Although he never heard a word here on Earth, the first sounds he will hear in his life are the angels singing. Although he never felt his parents hold him here on Earth, the first time he will feel, it will be Jesus holding him in His arms. What peace this gives me.
We dressed our precious angel in a beautiful little micro-preemie outfit with firetrucks on it compliments of nickisrainbow on Etsy . She rushed my order and the outfit was absolutely perfect. I highly recommened her work to anyone. Patrick looked so handsome.
We were surrounded by our friends and family at the funeral and I am grateful for everyone who came out to support us.
I still have my meltdowns and will for awhile. I still have a long, long way to go emotionally, not to mention physically. I have multiple doctor's appts. for my heart, kidneys, and OB stuff. It's hard to plan stuff with friends right now which is getting frustrating, but it will come. If I am not home, you can find me at the nephrologist, cardiologist, OB's office, or Quest Diagnostics with the "vampires". I really don't think I have any blood left...ha!
Life is slowly improving day by day. Thank you to all who have been praying for me. I am deeply grateful for everything that everyone has done for our family.
Integrated Curriculum for Your Kindergartner
10 years ago






hugs to you and your family. glad to hear you found some peace even though the whole situation is not peaceful. give your guys a big hug tonight and realize you are blessed to have have them by your side as you cope with the uncertainty of this time
ReplyDeleteSweet Kelly, you are in my thoughts daily and in my prayers as well. I am always here for you if you need someone to cry with or if you want someone to talk to about your precious Patrick...I know that when we lost our first two boys that was the hardest thing, not being able to talk about them because it made other people uncomfortable, but it was so helpful for me to be able to talk about how precious they were and I did that with my hubby or other understanding people. You are so loved and I hope you feel that.
ReplyDelete