You may say, you just came off vacation, how could you be tired? You had a wonderful break without your 2 year old. Well, it is possible and I'm there. I guess I had so much fun and wasn't quite ready to return to the land of diapers and applesauce quite yet.
I was in need of some enouragement this morning. I did a search and came across the following site: Manna for Moms. It is full of devotionals for Moms and is just the thing I need to help lift this cloud from my head. I particularly love this poem, Loving Jesus. It really helped me redifine my role as Mom. Even though I am tired of the same thing day in and day out, I have to remember that ultimately what I am doing is serving the Lord. I have been trying to please myself lately and it's not working. So today, as I make the waffles, change the diapers, say "No" 547,682 times, redirect behavior, sit at story time, and scrub the toilet, I must remember that it is not for me that I do these things, but for Jesus.
Thank you Lord for helping to remind me that my role as Mom is important and what I do for Ryan is also for You. I am going to have a better attitude and stop trying to work it all out for my benefit. I am going to do it for Your glory and remember that even the smallest tasks do not go unnoticed by You. You see every grain of sand I sweep from the floor, every germ I wipe from a a dirty mouth, and my bad attitude when things don't go as planned. Help me to focus on You and less on myself so that I can be a better Mom. In Jesus Name, Amen.






Great post, Kelly. We recently went on vacation and I've been going downhill ever since. My "work" came with me on vacation, so I guess I really didn't get the break I needed. And even if she hadn't been along for the ride, the monotony would still come back. It is lonely and frustrating sometimes. I feel ya!
ReplyDeleteGreat post...my eyes teared up at that poem. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Grace