Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Date Night for Mom & Dad, Star Wars style!

Mike and I were able to get tickets to see Star Wars in Concert this past Saturday night. WOW, what an experience! Both of us are big Star Wars fans and love John Williams and his musical genius. The show was great with a live orchestra and choir. I don't think I've ever heard such amazing talent in my life. It sounded like I was in the movie theater. Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) narrated the concert and it was so cool to see him in person! Being musicians ourselves, we thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the hard work & talent the musicians exerted. We even ran into fellow members, past & present, from our college marching band. GO UCF Marching Knights! Great minds think alike!

While we were gone, Ryan was on a date with his Auntie Cristy. She took him out to dinner and on a walk. He loves his "Issy"! We are so blessed to have her in town now and willing to watch Ryan so we can enjoy some time away as husband & wife. Getting that time away to just be ourselves not only makes us better parents, but helps me especially just be ME for a little while. You rock Aunt Cristy. You'll never know how much your willingness to help us out with Ryan means to us.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Kelly. YOu do need time away and it does make you a better parent and wife. Don't we wish we were all as fit as Auntie Chrissy:)

    I'm so glad you want to join me at http://mommyspiggytales.com and record your youth for your son and others! I have a 2yr old daughter.

    The site is now viewable but I've still got some work to do but you can go there to look around and subscribe or follow so you'll know what's going on. We start June 10. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete