Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Who says nothing in life is free?

Well, I've got news for them, they've never tried couponing like crazy before! I have always been a couponer. I have clipped from the Sunday paper as long as I can remember and taken a handful of coupons for various items to the store with me each week. I was happy if I saved $10! Thanks to a friend of mine, who was always getting these amazing deals, I am now reaping the benefits of being the apprentice of a coupon queen!

If you check out the blogs I follow, you'll see many of the sites I am using to help me save money. I have my coupon binder all set up, divided into sections, & with baseball card sleeves for all my coupons. Mike probably thinks I've lost my mind as does the rest of my family.

Thanks to three solid weeks of working hard, checking the ads, clipping, printing, matching to sales, and shopping at multiple stores, not only do I have a pantry & freezer BURSTING at the seams with great food, but I have saved 55+ percent on everything I bought. This week while doing our budget, we actually had an extra amount of money that we were able to put in the bank that we normally do not have. It's working!!!

I added up everything I stockpiled and bought with sales this entire week at Kmart, Walgreens, Albertsons, & Publix. Without coupons and sales, I would've paid $365. I only paid $159! I have so much deodorant, toothbrushes, ziploc bags, dental floss, & dog treats, that I paid practically NOTHING for and won't have to buy for months. My cabinets look like Sam's Club...ha.

I owe it all to my friend Chrissie. Without her knowledge and help in getting me started, I would still be paying full price for most things. I LOVE to shop, what girl doesn't? I love to shop even more when I get it for pennies or better yet...no money at all ;-)

Ryan has been my little shopping sideick. He's been to Kmart for the double coupon week, to Walgreens for specials, and to Publix for the BOGO deals. (He can't live without the race car shopping cart ride :-)

1 comment:

  1. I know some moms who do the coupon shopping at CVS and get their stuff for free...sometimes they even get CVS reward bucks for shopping---like getting paid to shop! I haven't quite figured out the whole couponing craze works though, but I will use them if it's something that I will normally buy. I'm going to check out some of the blogs you mentioned and see if I can figure out more ways to save money! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete