Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Night Away

It has been fourteen months since our precious Ryan came into our lives and this weekend we took our first overnight getaway WITHOUT HIM!! (Gee, I wasn't excited or anything). It was the most wonderful trip and we had the time of our lives. Even though it was only a one-night trip, it was just what the doctor ordered for us. Just a break fom the monotony of everyday life, toys, sippy cups, Sesame Street, diapers, vacuum cleaners, work, & stress was enough to make my weekend the best ever.
I have finally settled into my role as a mommy and love it so much. I love my days, nights, and everything in between, but something was missing. I finally 'let go' of the old me and have embraced the 'new me' as a mother. I love the new me. I love everything about her. I am a good mother, a confident mother, a loving mother, but a tired mother, a normal mother. Somewhere between the diapers, milk, applesauce, & Kindermusik, I lost myself. Here is where I began to find her again...

Mike and I packed up Saturday afternoon and left Ryan with a very close friend of ours. We headed out to the east coast to our cozy bed & breakfast we booked for the night. On the way there we stopped at Twistee Treat for some ice cream...YUM! I hadn't been there in so long. This is the Casa Coquina Bed & Breakfast in Titusville, FL. Our room is the top right two windows on the corner. It extends onto the balcony.

All dressed up and ready to go to dinner! We got to take our time getting ready and headed out to Rusty's Seafood & Oyster Bar at Port Canaveral. I downed almost a whole dozen oysters and a pound of crab legs. The oysters were so big that I couldn't eat them all and that's RARE that I don't finish a dozen. I love those things! Meanwhile, my landlubber hubby ate his chicken fingers & fries. It was awesome to enjoy dinner together on the water. We even got to see the Delta V rocket launch up close!


Here is our lovely bathroom in our suite. The tub was so deep that I could've soaked in there for days. It was so relaxing. There was a beautiful vanity where I got to sit and enjoy putting on my makeup too.

This is the view of the Kennedy Space Center from our balcony. We had a door that led from our room right outside.

Our balcony

This is our gorgeous suite. I could live here. It was so peaceful and relaxing to be able to have one day to watch TV when we wanted, lay down when we wanted, SLEEP IN, and just spend time together and husband & wife. This was the most time we have spent together since April 21, 2008...the day before Ryan was born. It was long overdue.
Even though my internal alarm clock had me up at 6:45 AM, just being able to lay there and just BE was amazing. I don't remember the last time I did that. It was nice not to have the "panic button" in my chest going off "gotta get up, gotta get up, baby's gonna be up". I laid there and thought, "No baby monitor today, no baby today, breakfast not until 8:30. I can just lay here and do nothing...ahhhhh!"

This is the entry way to our suite. We were in the "Ruby Suite".
Overall, our trip was a huge success. It did wonders for us and I feel like a new woman, wife, and mother. I am ready for whatever is thrown at me now. Sometimes all it takes is a small break from life. We're all entitled to them. Parenthood is exhausting and Mike and I will take care of our marriage so we can be strong parents for our son. I feel like I have found a little piece of me again. I got to enjoy a little bit of the "old days" as I call them and now I am ready to enjoy my little boy again (with some activites for me mixed in). The key is balance. When we are out of balance, things go haywire. My new goal is to keep the life scale balanced from now on :-)
Ryan did fabulous for his sitter and was a very good boy. I will never forget his smile when he saw his Mama for the first time after we got home. I swear he grew 3 inches overnight. He is such a big boy!






3 comments:

  1. getting away is one of the best things a stay-at-home mommy can do for her sanity! glad you enjoyed your night away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice time away! We just were able to have our first night away from Cam a week ago and it did WONDERS for my sanity! I can't wait to do it again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Looked like a great place and a fun time. Our oldest turned 3 in April and we've still never spent a night away.
    (PS - I love the Twistee Treat!)

    ReplyDelete