Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 1, 2009

New Routine for Ryan

Now that we have a big boy, he was in need of some alterations to his daily schedule. I began to notice a few weeks ago that he would sleep his morning nap just fine, but would not sleep for his afternoon nap. He would lay in his crib and play all afternoon. That made for one cranky kiddo at dinnertime without any rest. After many trials and alterations with times, I think we have a new routine figured out for the moment. Beware...it could change at any time...lol! Here is what our days look like now and I love them:

6:10-Daddy leaves for carpool
6:30-Mommy gets up
7:00-Ryan wakes up & plays in his crib(Mommy has coffee)
7:30-Mommy gets Ryan up & we eat breakfast together
8:00-We leave for the gym
8:30-9:30-Ryan plays in the Kid's Club while Mommy works out
10-11:15-playtime at home with Mommy
11:15-LUNCH
11:45-Nap
2:00-Ryan awake from his nap
2:00-5:00-playtime, errands, playdates, walks, etc.
5:15-Daddy comes home
5:30-family dinner time
6:00-7:00-playtime with Daddy
7:30-Lights out-bedtime

4 comments:

  1. glad you've found a routine that works for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He's still adjusting to one nap. Two naps is too many, but he's getting there with the one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice schedule! I think that we are slowly transitioning into a one-nap-a-day schedule too. Johnathan is currently going on 3 hours of nap-time right now! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish he would do 3 hours!!! I have gotten it out of him ONCE. Rarely I will get 2 1/2. His usual is 2 hours and his "pop-up timer" goes off...lol and he's up and raring to go again...I'm worn out, but it's all good!!

    ReplyDelete