Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's raining, it's BORING!

So here's what we've been up to while the cats & dogs fall from the sky outside!

Little "Lamby boy" is everywhere now. When I come back to have some computer time, I bring him with me of course. He goes straight to his crib and pulls Lamby out. He comes running to me holding Lamby high in the air and squealing with delight at his accomplishment. It's so cute! He actually said "lamby" for the first time yesterday. His vocabulary is just exploding. At least 1-2 new words every day!

This is Ryan's favorite activity when I am checking e-mail. He LOVES to unload his bookcase. It doesn't bother me because he loves the clean-up song and actually hands me books to put back..ha! He has a great time sitting in the pile and looking at books. He has just now started to bring books to me. He isn't interested in me reading them to him (I've tried and he gets mad). He just liked to "give" them to me :-)



We tried the "indoor sandbox" a few weeks ago and he really liked it. My sister left me a shoebox and I bought some Rice Krispies cereal. (I found this idea online). I have Ryan some measuring cups and various other utensils and things and let him have at it. He really had fun and we had a MESS when he was done. Messes are FUN when you're little and what's a little dry cereal on the kitchen floor? With a little help from the dog and the broom, we were clean as a whistle in no time.




4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! We'll have to try that!! I've heard of rice but that seems too messy for me. Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what cute and fun ideas. one thing you could do if you want to contain the mess more is to put the box on a cookie sheet

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative way to have fun inside...I think I'm going to steal your idea! It's getting pretty hot here, so I'm always up for something new to do indoors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete