Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The worst day that turned out to be the best!

Today started out terribly! For the 4th morning in a row, Ryan was up early crying. I don't know what his deal has been lately. I was in the kitchen getting my breakfast about 6:45 and in walks Mike. He's normally long gone by then. Turns out the battery on our SUV died. I headed for the computer as usual with my cereal & coffee to have my morning "me time" and to see what time Auto Zone opened. Ryan was screaming from the next room by this time. I was about at my wits end already and it wasn't even 7 AM. I let him cry for a few minutes and he fell back asleep!!! That NEVER happens in our house. He slept till 8 AM which gave me some time to gather myself before having to put on my mommy hat for the day.

I made Sputnik a vet appt. since she was up all night (pardon the expression) sick as a dog. As I loaded Ryan into the car, the rain started. As I got the dog in the car, it rained harder. I got in the car thinking, YEAH, I beat the hard rain. Well, the garage door wouldn't close. The key pad wouldn't work either (as I stood in the rain trying to make it work). The opener was jammed. I had to call Mike on the cell to have him help me figure out what was wrong. We resolved that and I only got a little wet. OK, not so bad. So off to the vet I go with the toddler & corgi. We got soaked going into the vet's office. I wish someone would've seen me and just taken pity on me standing there in the rain with a toddler in one arm, diaper bag, and a corgi in the other arm....sigh. The things we do for our babies. Keeping a 14 month old occupied in the vet's office is not much fun. How many times did he try to stick my keys into the outlet?? Too many to count...ugh. We made it out alive...but my wallet didn't. She has a stomach virus and has special food and meds for 2 weeks.

Now, the highlight that made up for all that drama. Before we left for the vet's office, I took some time to play with Ryan on the floor. I was on my knees in the living room tickling him and goofing around. He ran up to me, gave me a big bear hug and said, "I wuv woo Mommy!" I couldn't believe what I heard. He just started putting 2 words together 2 weeks ago! I melted into a big puddle of Mommy. I bawled my eyes out and Ryan looked and me like I was crazy...ha. It was the most precious moment of my 14 1/2 months of motherhood. It made all the other struggles of the day go away.

It's been a wild week at our house. God knew exactly what I needed and when I needed it. There are some days I still wonder what I was thinking when I became a mother. Then there are days like this one that make all the hards ones worth it.

1 comment:

  1. How precious, and definitely a day to remember in your journey of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete