Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 25, 2011

Surgery Update

I came through my adrenalectomy very well. My surgeon was able to remove the tumor laporascopically so my recovery will be a little shorter. Let me tell you that the recovery from the corrosion will be awhile. I am on steroid replacement for at least six months. My endocrinologist wants to have me weaned off all meds by then, but we will see how I do. The withdrawal process is the single most painful & horrifying process I have ever been through. Imagine watching a heroin addict go through withdrawal and that was me yesterday morning. It is my best description of what it was like. The pain & mental torcher was unbelievable. Cortisol is one evil hormone. My surgeon gave me new meds which helped a ton. I was more stable yesterday afternoon & felt the best I have in over a year. Valium is a wonderful thing!!! I should get to move to a regular room today and out of ICU. Yay! I will be forever grateful to my surgeon for getting me in so quickly. I am so ready to get well. It is going to be a long, painful road, but I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine updating a blog from the ICU!! You're a trooper!! Hoping for the least stressful recovery with as little pain as possible! Glad it's removed! P & PTs...

    ReplyDelete