I am home from the hospital!!! Mind you I still do and will feel pretty rotten for awhile until my body adjusts to the dose of hydrocortisone that I am taking. That's one thing that a lot of people don't realize about Cushing's recovery. Surgery doesn't cure it immediately. It can take two months to two years to recover. I don't want people to think that just because I have had this surgery, that I am magically fixed. This is going to be a long and painful road. My endocrinologist wants to start tapering my dosage each month. We will see how I feel as she tapers me down. If I feel bad withdrawal symptoms, then she will increase my dosage again. I see my surgeon in 2 weeks and my endocrinologist next week. I am looking forward to getting well and hurting less. I am working hard on being positive and staying strong.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!!! And I am sorry that you are having to deal with this!!
ReplyDelete