Oh my I cannot tell you how painful this recovery is. I was warned by my new online friends who have recovered from Cushing's Syndrome & my doctor about how rough the beginning of this journey would be. Boy were they right. The painkillers are wonderful things and I am starting not to need them which is great. I am pushing through the muscle pain. The pain from my surgery is just a little sore now. I am mobile and can do a few things for myself now. I have lost 4 lbs in 2 days without doing a thing. That's a HUGE plus. I am also getting hair back on my legs, arms, feet, & head. My head hair is already getting thicker and oily again!! My bald spot is leaving me. My skin is getting some texture back and isn't as paper thin. The swelling in my hands and feet goes down a little every day.
I am suffering with headaches and nausea now, which is a normal part of the cortisol withdrawal. Boy is it NO FUN. Today is the first day of the nausea and yesterday the headaches started. I spend most of the day now in my new recliner just resting. When I feel like moving, I do a little laundry, make myself something to eat, or just walk around the house for a little circulation. This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever done. I may never know why God chose me for this journey, but I know I want to help others with this syndrome. I have an appt. with my endocrinologist right before Christmas to check my cortisol levels and see where I am. At least the pain I am in now is worth it. It means I am one step closer to being well!
You're quite an incredibly gal. I've been following your story for a while now and am amazed at your positive attitude despite everything you've been through and are still going through. It is very evident Who is your strength:)
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Catherine