Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The One-Nap Woes...

Ryan is in the "maybe I'll take 2 naps, maybe I'll take one" transition. 2 naps seem to be too much, but one nap doesn't seem to be enough, KWIM? I have been working on a new routine with him this week and it seems to be going OK for the most part. I've been putting him down at noon and have moved lunch to 11:30. He goes right to sleep and is usually out for 2-2.5 hours. Some days, he really wants a morning nap, but if he takes one, it means no nap for the rest of the day and then dinner time is a disaster since he's so tired. All my mom friends, when did your kiddos stop taking 2 naps? I am going to love this schedule once he gets used to it. I am going to enjoy having our mornings free!! I am interested in your napping feedback. :-)

4 comments:

  1. We're still in the 2 nap phase, although some days he is not interested in an afternoon nap if he's had a really good morning one...but the afternoon nap-skipping has only happened a couple times, so I don't think it's too much of a trend yet! You'll have to keep us posted on how Ryan's new schedule goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cam phased out his morning nap when he was 10.5 months. Then he started walking and started burning more energy, so he started taking a morning nap again. Now he is almost 15 months and we are starting to phase out the morning nap again. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was hard for me with Mason too. He dropped his afternoon nap at 10 months. I gradually moved the morning nap to later in the day, but it was still around 11:00 for a long time (he woke up by 6:00 every day so it was early for him.) Bedtime became earlier too. BTW, I really liked the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child for some insight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... Jacen's been out of his 2nap/day ordeal since he was about 10-11 months old. He wakes up around the same time in the morning (9am) and goes down around 12-12:30. It's working out fine because he sleeps for 2 1/2- 3 hours, so it's PERFECT for me when I need to sleep when I've been at work all night and suffer from exhaustion!

    ReplyDelete