Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Ryan!!

Ryan 1 year old
Ryan 30 minutes old

Ryan is officially ONE today. Where did it go and how did that happen?? Ryan rang in his birthday early at 12:41 AM on 4/22/08 so he has already officially turned 1...ha! I can remember exactly what I was doing a year ago today. Staring at my precious boy was the most amazing experience of my life. Mike and I waited and prayed so long for a baby and we were finally blessed. The road ahead of us was rough, but we have made it through year one with just a few bumps along the way. We have had so many adventures and done so much with Ryan this past year. I can only look forward to him getting older and all the adventures we have ahead of us.
No one tells you about postpartum depression much or how much it can destroy your life. I missed so much of Ryan's early days and months. It's just like anything else in life...unless you experience it, you have no idea what it's like to feel so low. It's a horrible illness and I only pray that my experience may help someone else who is suffering or will suffer from it one day. Some days I feel robbed and other days I try to look at what I have now and enjoy the good days. They are all good now, even the rough ones. I am so thankful to God for healing me mentally & physically so that I can enjoy my son. He is the love of our lives and we are so grateful to be his parents. Happy Birthday little man!!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ryan! Congratulations Kelly on making it through the first year!

    ReplyDelete