We spent the morning at church and then went to Outback for lunch. I had the most wonderful Alice Springs Chicken quesadilla and salad! It was so yummy and really made me feel a lot better. I had a low blood pressure drop that morning and it scared me pretty badly. I felt like I was going to faint at church. Things got better once we left church and I ate.
After coming home, we all went down for a nice long nap. I am still needing a nap each day to make it through. I am only 2 months into my recovery and am trying to realize that this is going to take time and patience, something God is trying to teach me. I am also very overweight from this ordeal and will be starting cardiac rehab in a couple of weeks. I am so ready to get these pounds off so I can feel even better.
After our naps, we went to the cemetery to visit Patrick. I felt I needed to go. I miss him so much and am really learning all about the grieving process. I am currently reading "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby" by Deborah Davis. It is fantastic so far. I highly recommend it to anyone who has lost a child. The visit to the cemetery was very helpful for Mike and me. Ryan doesn't fully understand, but he knows his little brother is in Heaven.
We had a wonderful Mexican pot roast from the crock pot for dinner. Mike did all the prep and all the laundry yesterday too. I got 2 beautiful cards and a dozen roses from my boys. Ryan picked out a Cookie Monster card all by himself. What a precious boy!
I ended the day with a warm bath and a talk with my Dad. It was a difficult day, but God saw me through. I am really learning to lean on Him and not on myself. It's so hard some days, but I am going to make it one way or another. I hope you all had wonderful Mother's Days and I will get some pictures up very soon.






Oh Kelly, my heart aches for you. I am glad the Lord sustained you throughout the day just as He will in the days to come.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Mother's Day Kelly...both of your boys are incredibly blessed to have the love of you and your husband!
ReplyDeleteI love you sweet friend and continue to pray for God's strength and comfort.
ReplyDelete