Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, May 27, 2011

Making Muffins and a Memorial

One thing I love about my sweet boy is that he loves to cook and bake like his Mama! We have recently started shopping at a local produce market close to our house and can't find better deals anywhere else! I bought some fresh blueberries and found a wonderful recipe for muffins with cinnamon crumb topping. Mom, Ryan, and I had a great afternoon baking after swimming lessons. It was the perfect wind-down activity.


He was only into stirring for a few minutes. Then it was, "Mommy, you stir!"


Grandma & Ryan getting it all together.


Add the butter!



The muffins came out wonderfully. They were so good! Ryan won't sample his own cooking. He's so funny and still my picky little guy. What matters was we had fun baking and I got some great quality time with my boy.



Last weekend, Mike and I took a trip, just the 2 of us, over to the beach for some R&R. It was the first time we'd been away together in awhile and since my illness. I pretty much slept the whole weekend. I was exhausted from everything. Saturday evening, we bought some flowers and had a memorial for Patrick on the beach. 5-21 was his due date and we were both very emotional all day long. It's getting better with each passing day and my soul and heart are healing. I will forever be the mother of two sons, one on earth and one in heaven.

















1 comment:

  1. my boys love to bake too, but won't eat the food they make... I don't get it. glad you got a bit of time away to relax and reflect

    ReplyDelete