Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 14, 2011

Where I've Been Lately

It's been awhile since I've been able to blog. So much has happened in the past week. It all began with the beginning of this pregnancy, but last Thursday it all came to the breaking point. I had finally had enough of the extreme fluid retention, lack of sleep, and feeling like a whale. My face was the size of a pumpkin and I hurt so badly. I called my doctor and told them something was wrong with me. This was NOT normal and I was in pain. My entire body was full of water and I felt like I could hardly move. They sent me to the hospital.
After six days sitting in the hospital, multiple doctors telling me there was nothing they could find wrong with me, I was blessed with a wonderful kidney doctor who believes he may have the answer to my problem! The OB doctors ruled out any pregnancy related issues so the baby is FINE!!! The internal medicine doctors could find nothing wrong with me either. My wonderful kidney doctor believes I may have an overactive adrenal glad that is causing my body to produce too much of the aldosterone hormone. This causes the body to lose potassium, retain sodium, causing massive fluid retention and high blood pressure. No wonder I have looked like Shamu! I am on potassium supplements and high blood pressure meds for the rest of the pregnancy. I am monitoring my BP twice daily and follow up with the kidney doctor in 2 weeks. This has been quite an ordeal. I am ready to start feeling like myself again and getting some sleep. Not much longer and this pregnancy will be over and I can get myself back to normal and get this condition taken care of. I thank everyone who has been praying for me and my recovery. It's been a rough week and I am glad to be home in my own environment. I have lots of help right now which has been a blessing. I am still not well enough to do everything on my own, but I am slowly getting there.
I know this is happening for a reason and God will never give me more than I can handle. It sure has taught me how to slow down, not overreact, and take life as it comes, and rely on God for answers and not myself. I will never take my health for granted ever again. It's a precious blessing that I will be very glad to have back. Please continue to pray for my family. Together we will all beat this disorder and I will get my life back along with a precious new baby boy in May.



1 comment:

  1. oh Kelly that is so not fun for you. I'm glad they found some answers and your precious bundle is and will be ok. try to take it easy and relax for the next few months

    ReplyDelete