Ryan came down with what I thought was just a cold last Saturday. By Monday night, he was running a fever, so off to the pediatrician we went first thing Tuesday morning. The poor kid has a double ear infection combined with the worst cold I have ever seen. Needless to say, we've done NOTHING this week and both have just about gone crazy in this house. Being newly pregnant, exhausted, and stuck at home with a 2 year old snot factory is not my idea of a fun time, but we made the best of our "sticky" situation. Here are some of the things we busied ourselves with to try to break the insanity!
We did lots of "projects" as Ryan calls them. Here is is painting is paper bag pumpkin. I had to help him since he didn't want to do it all on his own.
Ryan's pumpkin and handprint ghosts.
We baked pumpkin spice cookies. I found a recipe online that uses Agave nectar and applesauce instead of sugar and shortening. They came out really good and only 57 calories per cookie! That's my kind of dessert, especially now considering I could eat the entire batch.
Stir it up Ryan!
Every good chef has to exert a little quality control!
The weather has been nice so we got outside as much as we could. Ryan and Sputnik enjoy the front yard, as do I since it has shade.We also made a Halloween windsock and a little Acorn man today, but I didn't get pics of those projects. I have been so unbelievably tired with this pregnancy and with Ryan sick on top of it, it's been a challenging week. I am very grateful that Mike is off this Friday and is here to help! I truly have the best husband in the world who has dropped everything to help around the house and with Ryan while I've been so tired. Come on 2nd trimester. I am waiting for you!!!







cute projects. we are making the paper bag pumpkins next week. glad he is feeling better and hope you get some extra rest this weekend
ReplyDelete