I cannot believe that today all my teacher friends are going back to work and I am not joining them yet again! This is my 3rd school year being out of the teaching world and it's very surreal. We had originally planned for me to stay home only one year, but things have worked out so well that I am still ablet o be home. At first, I missed teaching like CRAZY. I missed my co-workers, friends, and my daily routine for the past 9 years. What in the world was I supposed to do ALL DAY with a baby?? As time has passed I have gotten used to my "new normal" and couldn't imagine being back teaching right now. Yes, there are still parts I miss, but trying to balance that job with a toddler just freaks me out. I know there are people that do it everyday, but I am grateful that I am not one of them. I have a hard enough time trying to get it all done nowadays!There will always be a part of me that longs for teaching. I think it's in my blood. It's what I was put on Earth to do. Right now, Ryan is my most important student. I spent all those years teaching other people's children while I waited to have my own. Now, it's time to focus on him for his precious few years as a young child. These years will be gone in a flash and I am so thankful that I don't have to miss a beat!







it does seem strange to not be getting ready for a new crew of students each August, but having been out of work now for 4 years, it's a lot easier to realize that home is the best place. as a teacher I always told the parents that they were their child's first teacher, you are just a teacher who gets to be Ryan's first teacher. Enjoy your time with your little guy
ReplyDeleteI just got around to reading your guest post over at Girl Talk and it truly brought tears to my eyes! I love that you peed on a stick in the church bathroom because you could wait no longer to find out! And I love how amazing our God is. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!
ReplyDelete~Laura from Girl Talk