Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, December 5, 2009

He really is my son...

A couple of friends of mine are in the same boat as I am. Our kids look NOTHING like us and EXACTLY like their daddies. Kinda frustrating for the 9 months of hard work we put in plus labor & delivery...ha! I decided to take a moment to reflect on the things I have noticed that Ryan does have from me...his MAMA!!

1. His hair- it was so dark at birth and now it is my color with red highlights, just like mine as a child! I was strawberry blonde by 3 years old. We'll see what his does.

2. His temper- I knew he had to get it unfortunately. He is pretty mildly tempered except when he wants his way. Then he can show the worst of himself. That's so me. Talk about looking in the mirror. God does have a sense of humor and I am trying to work on my temper now.

3. He's a beaver- yes that's right. He's chewing on his crib, just like I did as a child. My crib is completely shredded from where I chewed it up. Ryan can't get the plastic cover off of the railing, so he went for the end piece (kind of like the headborad of footboard). There are teethmarks.

4. He loves music- anytime a song comes on now, he starts swaying or clapping. That's my boy because I go nowhere without the radio on! I love music!

5. His cheeks & smile- when my baby smiles, he favors me a little bit. He has my cheekbones and my smile.

6. His attention span- yes, he's a toddler and they have short spans anyway, but so do I as an adult. It has to really peak my interest to get me to stay still. Ryan is the same way I have noticed.

7. He's not a risk taker- neither am I. If a ball rolls under a chair, he won't go get it. He will stand and point and ask me or Mike to get it for him. I've seen kids his age go right under the chair and grab the ball. Not my little cautious man. He is SO like me that way.

So, even though he may not have my looks, he's got plently of me inside that precious little mind & body. Sometimes I think God doesn't give us what we want to see on the outside so we will look a little deeper on the inside to find it. I am learning to do that with Ryan and it makes the doscoveries so much sweeter.

2 comments:

  1. I think he looks a lot like you...at least from what I can see via the blog...but I totally understand where you're coming from. Everyone tells me that Johnathan looks just like his daddy, although I see a lot of myself in him but just politely say, "oh, thank you" when people say he looks like my hubby. He does have a lot of my traits too...the temper thing being among them! Haha! I guess both of us are a little spirited when it comes to our attitudes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really sweet post. Ryan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete