Mike and I went on our first date! It was March 23, 1996 and I was a day away from turning 19. I remember he picked me up in his '85 Jeep Cherokee Chief at my dorm at UCF. We went to Chili's for dinner and both ordered Chicken Crispers. Then we went to the movies and saw "Mr. Holland's Opus". It was the perfect movie for us band geeks. He was such a gentleman and I still have the rose he gave me that night. It's dried and on his dresser in a box. Who would've known that 13 years after that night we would be married 10 1/2 years and have an 11 month old son. Wow, God is so great!
That's so wonderful! And you're right, God is so great!
ReplyDeleteRyan is getting so big, and looks so adorable in all his pics! He is looking more like a little boy and less like a baby...Johnathan is doing the same, and although I love it it makes me sad too! Time is going by too quickly!
Awww - what a sweet post! It is so awesome to remember these sweet moments, isn't it? Thanks for sharing it with us!
ReplyDeleteisn't it great to look back and remember those moments and see how much it changed your life
ReplyDelete