Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 10, 2012

Roller Skating Ryan!


Mike and I celebrated 14 years of marriage this past Wednesday. He took me out to a wonderful dinner at Enzo's Restaurant on the Lake in Longwood. It was a wonderful evening! I couldn't have asked for a better husband and father to my boys.



I was thrilled to discover that my favorite local skating rink has a special skating time for kids 12 and under! I decided to take Ryan skating this morning for the very first time. We headed off to Semoran Skateway!


This is the skating rink where I grew up skating with my friends. I lived here during the school year at all of the elementary school skating parties. SO MUCH FUN! Today brought back so many good memories. I can't believe I was able to skate and did really well considering all that has happened to my body. I hadn't skated in 13 years either. I did a really good job! Ryan's beginner skates had tighter wheels so he wouldn't go falling all over the place. His confidence really grew as the time passed and he even asked me to let go of him a few times in the beginner's rink!




We took a break and watched the other kids skate. Perfect photo op!


I never thought I would be able to skate again and here we are. Mommy & her boy.


Taking another break after a spin around the rink.


A rare junk food lunch. We both loved it! The Slush Puppie really brought back the childhood memories of this place.



I am so grateful that Ryan and I were able to do this together today. Nobody else did it with him...it was me! I didn't have to watch from the sidelines or stay home because I felt so sick. I was there, in action, holding my baby's hand. I couldn't have asked for a better day.


No comments:

Post a Comment