It's been quite a wild ride since I last blogged. So many good things have happened since I got out of the hospital. My blood pressure has stabilized with my medicine and my potassium supplements are working! My swelling is down some and I feel so much better. I only have to check my BP once a week, twice a day now which is SO much better than twice a day, every day. I was beginning to go a little crazy doing that.
I have made it to 25 weeks in my pregnancy and little Patrick is quite the mover. He is all over the place. I cannot wait to meet him. Only 15 more weeks until I hold my precious boy and I get my body well too. I am so excited. We got his name for his bedroom wall finished today. I sat in the lawn chair watching Ryan play while Mike did Patrick's name. It came out beautifully. It is the same design that we did Ryan's in, just in red instead of blue to match his firetruck room. I cannot wait to get started on his nursery. We have a LOT to do!!
If all my readers could keep me in your prayers. January was a difficult month with the hospital and all my health issues. Sleeping is going a little bit better which I am grateful to God for. I still have a lot of challenges I am dealing with and need a lot of prayer to see me through. God is delivering me from so many of my issues and I am forever grateful for His love. I know He will never give me more than I can handle. He obviously has a goal for me in all of this and I am going to pass this test. Life is good right now. I have a husband who adores me...overweight and full of stretch marks make no difference to him...a beautiful son who is so attached to me right now its crazy, another beautiful son who will be here shortly, and the most supportive family and group of friends imaginable. I really am so blessed and must remind myself no matter how tired I am, how little or how much I slept, or how rough I feel on certain days. This too shall pass and one day it will be a distant memory. I only hope that one day I can be a blessing to someone if they ever go through a situation like mine. This has been the hardest thing I have ever gone through, but I guarantee that in the long run, it will probably be the most rewarding once I see where God is taking me. I praise God every day that Patrick is growing healthy and that all of my medications are safe for him. He is strong and my little miracle boy. Now, if May will just hurry itself along so I can hold my precious angel in my arms.
My goal for the next 15 weeks is to give all of this to the Lord and stop trying to control the things I can't. That has been my biggest challenge. I can't do anything about my situation, but give it to God and let Him handle it. He already has everything planned out for me. There is no since is me freaking out over things I can do nothing about. I need lots of prayer in this area. I have my good days and my bad days. I am so proud of myself for actually blogging today and not letting my funky mood stop me. I can do anything I want to do! God is in control of my life and I must remember that. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. He knows all my days and has them all written. I just have to choose to LIVE them!






I so proud of your attitude! You are right, God loves you and will use all of this for good. Faith is a decision, and not an easy one at times. I am proud of your committment to see God through this trying time. I love you and am praying for you.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Kelly...casting all your cares on Him...choosing to live your faith and to trust God for His plans for you. Very encouraging to read! I can't imagine how you must feel, but I do know that you will get through it and once you hold your sweet boy in your arms you will know that all you went through was totally worth it...and I'm sure it already is to just have his sweet little body inside you. What a blessing. Motherhood sure is a crazy ride, and definitely isn't for the weak of heart! You're a strong woman, and you will make it!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Grace